Since earlier Blu-ray Discs save audio in Dolby Digital and DTS codec, most recent Blu-ray movies usually comes with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA audio tracks to deliver higher quality audio with 7.1 channels. After you got latest Blu-ray movies, like Guardians of the Galaxy, Frank, When the Game Stands Tall, I Origins, Dolphin Tale 2, etc. you may have the need to rip or convert them to other compatible format and then backup on your computer, or transfer converted files to media players for playing with home theatre 7.1 surround sound effect like Emotiva UMC-200 which is a 7.1 channel A/V processor with four HDMI inputs and one output with ARC (Audio Return Channel).
- Learn how to copy 2014 Blu-ray movies to Mac
- If you have DVD discs, read how to backup DVD to NTSC VOB formats for burning
In order to rip or convert Blu-ray without quality loss, you need a software that supports these video conversion and 7.1 surround sound, here we recommend the best BD/DVD multi-track ripping tool- Pavtube ByteCopy for you. Overall, it help you convert Blu-ray to MKV with lossless video output and multiple audio & subtitle & chapter preservation. It is your best choice to keep Dolby True HD 7.1 audio when ripping Blu-ray movie to MKV.
- Pavtube ByteCopy Trial version. A trial is free but functional-restricted. Lossless output can be used 3 times only. You may download a trial and see how it works.
- Pavtube ByteCopy Retail version. A full version is offered at $29.4, 30% off by Pavtube Studio.
Keep Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio when ripping Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray to MKV for Emotiva UMC-200
1. Hook up an external BD drive with my desktop (if there is not an internal one), and place Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray Disc into the BD drive.
2. Run Pavtube ByteCopy software(Mac vesion is ByteCopy for Mac) and click the “Load disc” icon to import movie files from Blu-ray Disc.
3. To pass-through original Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio for Blu-ray movie ripping, just select “Lossless/encoded multi-track MKV (* mkv)” from “Multi-track Video” quality in “Format” box.
In this way you get lossless audio streams as they are burned into BD. Dolby TrueHD track will be copied and packed into generated MKV file without transcoding. But note that you will not get TrueHD 7.1 audio if the original BD does not contain Dolby TrueHD audio.
Or another way to get 7.1 surround sound channels is to hit the “Copy entire disc” icon on the top to backup Blu-ray into a BDMV folder. You can get it to Multimedia player like VLC player for viewing smoothly or directly transfer to your Emotiva UMC-200.
- Also learn how to store Blu-ray to PC Hard Drive.
Tip: Click “Settings” to enter Multi-track video profile window; switch to “Video” and find the “Encode” box which is unchecked by default, so if you want a lossless MKV copy, do not touch it. The switch to “Audio”, check wanted audio track; so does the “Subtitles”.
4. Click the “Convert” button to start ripping Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray movie to MKV file with TrueHD 7.1 audio. After conversion I click “Open” to get the generated mkv files for playing.
That’s it! Your Blu-ray video will now be encoded and a few hours later you will have a great high definition video file with preferred Dolby Digital TrueHD 7.1 Audio. Now start to have great Blu-ray audio experience on Emotiva UMC-200.