If you, like the majority of American citizens, enjoy being involved in a number of activities or organizations, you will more than likely find yourself in a hurry to get things done and get out the door. One of the tasks that most users want to go by quickly is DVD copying. Whether you are backing up a DVD for personal use, copying a home DVD from a friend or family member to have a copy for yourself or creating digital copies for travel purposes, you don’t want to sit at your computer for hours waiting for the copy to be complete. So how do you get a quick DVD copy while maintaining optimal quality? Here are some tips to help you create a quick DVD copy so you can move on to the rest of your day (or night).
- Computer Hardware
Having updated computer hardware will greatly increase your overall DVD copy time. The DVD drive installed in your computer tower, along with the processor and the memory are all huge players in speeding up or slowing down your copies. DVD drives play a major role because different DVD drives offer varying speeds. You will want to select a drive that offers the best possible speed for reading DVDs.
In addition to the DVD drive, the processor also heavily effects the overall copy time because it determines the speed at which your computer can process information. The faster the processor, the quicker your computer can read applications and provide results. The available memory allows your computer to take in information. If the memory is full, your computer will not be able to process any information because it will have nowhere to store it. These are three of the largest aspects to obtaining the quickest DVD copy time.
A large part of getting more done in less time is the age-old art of multitasking. Chances are that if you want to copy a DVD quickly, there are additional items on your daily to-do list that need to be done. However, you should not use your computer for other tasks while trying to burn DVD copies in a hurry.
While computers are capable of running a number of applications at a single time, it doesn’t always mean that the applications are running as fast or as well as they could if they were the only application running. Shut down your apps and let your DVD copy software do its job. You will notice a drop in the estimated completion time, and you will have fewer errors in the process.
- Disc Quality
If you try to copy a DVD that has been scratched or has gotten dirty, expect the overall copy process to take longer. Your will need to bypass error messages to move forward with your copies, and some applications may restart the copy or seize copying because they cannot read the disc. While there is little that you can do for a scratched DVD, some DVD copy applications are designed to mend and copy scratched DVDs. You can and should make sure that your DVDs are clean before inserting them into your computer for a copy. Clean your DVDs carefully so that you don’t scratch them in the process.
- DVD Copy Software
Last but not least, selecting the best DVD copy software is important for faster DVD copies. While the applications do not play as large of a role as the hardware, choosing the right software can assist in or deter from a quicker copy. If you plan to copy a majority of commercial DVDs either to watch in a different format or just to have as a backup make sure that you select the application that has little to no restrictions on copying commercial DVDs. The restrictions could potentially add more time to your copies, and some applications won’t allow you to make copies of encrypted DVDs at all.
By implementing these tips for quick DVD copies, you should find that your DVD copy time has dropped and you are able to get more done in less time. If you find yourself copying DVDs often, we recommend updating your computer hardware and spending the money for a reliable DVD copy application. Don’t forget to make sure that your DVDs are clean and unscratched, and you will reach optimum copy times.
2017 The World No.1 DVD Copier, DVD Ripper, DVD Decrypter Recommended
There are far too many DVD ripper programs out there, and every vendor praises their own product. If you decide to turn your physical DVD movies to digital form but don’t know which ripper is better to take, as a veteran in DVD digitization, here, Pavtube BDMagic/Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is highly recommend as the great DVD ripping tools I ever used. It can circumvent copy protection mechanisms, such as the encryption used on most commercial DVDs and shift format. Learn the key features of the best DVD copy and ripping software. Read the review.
- Support latest Blu-ray/DVD discs and Supported Decrypt Blu-ray MKB61.
- 2D/3D Blu-ray Ripper + 2D/3D Blu-ray Copy + 2D/3D ISO Converter + DVD Ripper
- Bypass all copy & region protections
- Preserve the BD/DVD’s original file structure by using “Copy the entire disc” function.
- Blu-ray and DVD Main title content copy
- This Blu-ray Ripper could rip Blu-rays and DVDs to popular audio and video formats for you to enjoy the movie on PC and wide screen TV. Support output to PS4, Apple TV 4, WD TV player, Xbox One, iPad Pro, iPhone, iPod, Galaxy Tab, Nexus, etc.
- Rip/Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray and DVD discs & ISO to various videos like MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, WMV, MPG, FLV, SWF, etc.
- Rip and Encode Blu-ray and DVD to H.265/HEVC MP4/MKV
- Select desired subtitles stream and audio track or copy and rip DVD with forced subtitle.
- Create 2D Blu-ray/DVD/ISO to 3D movies in Side by Side, Anaglyph and Top/Bottom 3 different modes
- Create playable video files for portable devices, game consoles, media players/servers, TVs, projector, VR headsets and more
- Customizable video parameters and effect
- Customize Blu-ray/DVD with built-in video editor
- Fast conversion with NVIDIA CUDA/AMD GPU acceleration technology
Free Download this Top DVD Copier and Ripper:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Steps guide about DVD Copying or Ripping from Pavtube BDMagic
Step 1. Load DVD movie
Insert a source DVD in the DVD drive. Install and launch the excellent Windows 10 DVD Ripper, click disc button to load DVD movies. As you see, DVD disc, ISO, IFO and DVD folder are also supported. You can select subtitles and audio track (English, French, German, Spanish…) for each chapter.
Step 2. Set output format
Click on “Format” bar to select output format. Here you can choose rip DVD to .wmv, mpeg-4, mpeg-2, mpg, flv, avi, mkv, etc on Windows 10.
Tip: If you want to rip DVD to Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, Galaxy Tab, Nook HD, PS3, iPad, Xbox and more media devices, just directly choose the preset profiles.
Step 3. Start converting DVD
Click “Convert” button to start DVD conversion on Windows 10. After conversion, click “Open” to find the converted movies for playing, organizing, streaming and sharing.
More Features of the DVD Ripper/DVD Copier:
1. Before conversion, if you wanna copy/backup your DVDs on Windows 10, there are two options for you: Full Disc Backup and Main Movie Copy.
2. You can go to the “Settings” to set the parameters for your movie. To compress the file size, adjust the parameters to be smaller.
3. Click Edit button and you can trim, crop or adjust the video with the built-in video editor to get the very part and effect of the DVD movie you want.