Blu-Ray discs are fragile and susceptible to scratches, nicks, and getting lost. So you want an easy way to make a backup copy right? And which Blu-ray Ripper is the best ripping software during 2016-2017? That what we thought and put this top 5 review together to help you sort our all the software options currently available on the market. You can according the reviews to choose a best Blu-ray ripping software for yourself.
Why we need a Blu-ray Ripper?
As cloud storage becomes more affordable, physical storage media Blu-rays are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Perhaps you have stored lots of Blu-ray discs in your home and there is no enough space in your shelf, it’s better to backup Blu-ray to a NAS with huge storage; don’t want your loved Blu-ray discs to be scratched by naughty children and destroyed by times of playing in disc players, it’s necessary for you to purchase a Blu-ray ripper to rip Blu-ray to your computer or save in other places. Do you want to play Blu-ray movies on HDTV/Smart TV via USB? Do you want to transfer Blu-ray to your Apple iPad Pro tablet? Do you want convert Blu-ray to a common video format on Windows or Mac? Can we edit Blu-ray movies via our editing software? You need to backup and rip Blu-ray on your PC first. You have some media players that can’t play or stream the Blu-ray discs directly, the best way is to use a blu-ray ripper to rip Blu-ray to any format your device supports, such as ripping Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 to watch on Gear VR. For these reasons, the best Blu-ray Ripping program is necessary. Here I list top five of the best Blu-ray Ripping programs during 2015-2016 according to Google Ranking and user popularity, from where, you can clearly learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each tool. You can refer to the review to choose a proper Blu-ray Ripper yourself.
Top 1. Pavtube BDMagic – Best, Worth
Pavtube BDMagic ranks top on the list of Blu-ray Rippers for its versatile features-it can import most of Blu-ray discs protected Blu-ray Disc and unprotected Blu-ray discs. With it you can “Full copy your Blu-ray” or directly copy your Blu-rays without extra. You can convert your Blu-rays to more than 200 video/audio formats, and you also can transfer them to your iPhone, iPad, iPod or Anroid Tablets and Phones. More prominent, you can convert 2D Blu-ray or 3D Blu-ray to 3D effect, and you can with 3D Movies on home theater. It also comes with editor, you can also edit your Blu-ray by yourself. There are more humane setting, waiting for your visit!
- 1:1 backup Blu-ray without quality loss.
- Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray to HD video format with 3D effects.
- Edit Blu-ray by trimming, cropping, merging and add watermark.
- Freely to choose the audio/subtitles and set the parameter for the format according to yourself.
- Capable of extracting audio from Blu-ray and DVD movies for iTunes and QuickTime.
Free trial for three months. Only $49 (Get 50% off discount for Pavtube BDMagic at Pavtube Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion.)
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Top 2. Pavtube ByteCopy – Good
It is the unique software in pavtube, there is no one can replace it. Its most prominent feature is the ability to convert Blu-ray/DVD to multi-track MP4, MOV, and Apple ProRes MOV for FCP X. As a blu-ray ripper, in terms of functionality, I think ByteCopy is not worse than Pavtube BDMagic, but people profer to choose BDMagic to convert Blu-ray Disc because it has a longer time on the market.
- Backup Blu-rays to MKV with all languages and subtitles.
- Encode Blu-ray movie to multi-track MP4, MOV, and Apple ProRes MOV for FCP X, smartphones, tablets, HD media players, and more.
- Support the latest Blu-rays and DVDS.
- Support more than 200 video/audio formats.
- Convert 2D Blu-ray to HD video format with 3D effects and rip 3D blu-ray to movies in 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, etc.
- 1:1 backup Blu-ray without quality loss cluding all audio streams, subtitle tracks and chapter info and also can save a 100% M2TS/VOB movie without extras
- Edit Blu-ray by trimming, cropping, merging and add watermark.
- With Built-in video player, you can adjust movie in preview window and double check movie content.
Availability Free trial for three months. Only $42 (Get 50% off discount for Pavtube ByteCopy at Pavtube Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion.)
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
Top 3. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper – Good Price: $44.95
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper comes with the popular feature to convert 2D to 3D for users to enjoy the popular 3D effect and exports various HD and popular common video formats (M2TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, MKV, RMVB, etc). Leawo Blu-ray Ripper has stunning trim and crop feature- it trims movie more accurate and crops video more considerate than its competitors. It can load multiple Blu-ray and DVD movies at a time. If you have tons of movies waiting to rip and feel like having a Blu-ray Ripper queue them several movies for running overnight, Leawo is recommended. The bad: Not recognizing Blu-ray ISO or forced subtitle (if there is). GPU encoding is restricted to Nvidia’s CUDA only. There’s no backup option for keeping original movie quality.
The bottom line: Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a nice tool for DVD and Blu-ray ripping. There may be some improvements for Leawo to make but it already performs well enough for average users to convert/put Blu-ray and DVD movies to iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Wii, etc.
Editors’ note: We noticed that audio quality is noticeably degraded when ripping Blu-ray with Leawo Blu-ray Ripper.
Top 4. DVDfab Blu-ray Ripper – Good Price: $60
The good: When it comes to decrypting/hacking Blu-ray discs and DVDs, DVDfab is about as good as it gets. DVDfab Blu-ray Ripper well deserves its high reputation in decryption, and it handles not only AACS, BD+, Region code restriction, but also Cinavia protected Blu-rays. By taking advantage of CUDA accelerating, the conversion time is greatly shorted. If you want to rip a Blu-ray to MKV and keep 2 audio language and external subtitles, DVDfab would be your choice.
The bad: It is lacking of DVD ripping feature. It does not support AMD APP encoding. The interface is not very intuitive. And DVDfab Blu-ray Ripper costs more than its alternatives. The bottom line: DVDfab Blu-ray Ripper decrypts and rips Blu-ray title to various video files playable on next generation consoles like PS3 and Xbox 360, HD player like WD TV Live, or mobile devices like iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.
Editors’ note: DVDfab has a comprehensive forum where you can communicate with other users and get helpful advices. There’s not support email but you can submit your problem to DVDfab.
Top 5. Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper – Poor Price: $24.98
The good: Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper can convert both standard Blu-ray videos and 3D Blu-ray videos to SD and HD video formats such as MKV, AVI, WMV, TS, etc. And it can preserve 3D effects when your source is 3D Blu-ray movie. NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP graphic acceleration technology has been introduced to bring faster conversion experience.
The bad: The app does not decrypt Blu-ray protections and requires AnyDVD HD to be installed in advance for Blu-ray ripping. DVD ripping is not supported.
The bottom line: Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper does not rip movies from Blu-ray Disc, but if you have had the Blu-ray cracked and saved onto computer hard drive, this tool would be helpful and useful for you to enjoy movies on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Xbox, Zune, NDS, Wii, and 3D smartphones. Editors’ note: This tool is not recommended unless when you want to convert 3D Blu-ray and keep 3D effect. Now, you can choose a best Blu-ray convertion program. Enjoy your Blu-ray movies in 2015-2016 as your like.
Pavtube 2016 Cyber Monday Biggest Promotion! GET 50% OFF Pavtube ByteCopy and BDMagic at here.
- Best Blu-ray Ripper Review: Pavtube BDMagic & Handbrake Comparison
- Pavtube Video, Blu-ray and DVD Products Comparison – Best Disc Backup & Covnerter Tools For You
- Best DVD Copying & Ripping Review: Pavtube DVDAid vs AnyDVD
- Lossless Blu-ray to MKV Converter Review: ByteCopy & MakeMKV
- Best Video Converter Ultimate Reviews: Pavtube and Wondershare