Storing a number of classic Blu-ray discs at home and want to play your favorite Blu-ray movies on Android tablet or phone anytime and anywhere you like? However, Android devices don’t have the drive for Blu-ray playback. Following is a full guide on how to rip Blu-ray to Android tablet/phone supported video format so that you can enjoy the Blu-ray movies wherever you go.
It’s very obvious that Android tablets and smartphones are gaining more and more popularity these days. According to a recent survey, the marketing share of Android is now approaching Apple. Some big companies like Samsung, Google, Asus, LG, Sony, Amazon, Acer, HTC, Motorola, etc. now offer a large variety of Android smart phones and tablets featuring a large screen, which makes these Android devices perfect for watching HD movies and videos. Therefore, there is a great demand for backing up, ripping and watching Blu-ray/DVD movies onto Android devices.
“I purchased a blu-ray version of The Hobbit – An unexpected Journey and tried to rip it for having a copy on my Android tablet but get the message that the source disc cannot be loaded. Ripping the blu-ray with MakeMKV beta was no issue. But can’t use Blu-ray .mkv on my Android. Please heeelp!”
“Hello, I want to watch Blu-ray movies on my Android tablet, because I planned to watch them on the plane ride to New York next week. I found an blu-ray to android converter program, but it only let me convert 3 minutes of the movie until I should buy it, is there any other way to rip Blu-ray to Android device or phone?”
Android Accepts Videos but not Blu-rays Directly
Android accepts various video formats H.264, MPEG-4, WMV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, etc. (Read more about Android Support Video Formats). However, Android tablets/phones don’t have the Blu-ray drive for playing Blu-ray movies. Besides, it is not necessary for us to load Blu-ray to Android device or phone. That means, if you want to watch Blu-ray movies on your Android anytime and anywhere, you will need to rip/compress Blu-ray to Android compatible video formats like MP4 so that you can play your favorite Blu-ray movies freely on your Android tablet or phone, a Blu-ray to Android converter is badly needed.
Which is the Top Blu-ray Ripper software 2013-2014? You can search the related key words on line, and many results would be available. I simply connected to the internet and googled “Blu-ray Ripper Reviews”, “Best Blu-ray Ripping Software”, “Best Blu ray ripper” for a few top 5 and top 10 lists in which this software was either 1st or 2nd in most every one I come across.
So Pavtube Blu-ray to Android Ripper should be your first choice for ripping newly released Blu-ray movies from physical discs to Android, iOS, Windows 8 tablets and smartphones, stream to various Media players and TVs and backup to hard disk, etc. If you are using a Mac, please turn to the equivalent Mac version called Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac to rip Blu-ray to Android on Mac OS X (including Mountain Lion 10.8 and 10.9 Mavericks).
Surprisingly we found the two programs are on 30% off now at Pavtube Thankgiving Giveaway.
- Successful loading all Blu-rays. Unlike Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper and Aimersoft Blu-ray Ripper which I tried but failed on loading Blu-rays, Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper recognizes all kinds of Blu-ray and DVD sources: BDMV folder, physical DVD, Blu-ray ISO, VIDEO_TS folder, DVD ISO and IFO file, protected Blu-ray Disc and unprotected Blu-ray Disc. Moreover, and it successfully detects main movie by default.
- “Full disc copy” feature. Full disc copy is pretty fast, I tried once and it only took 30 minutes. (Tip: I used another Pavtube program called ByteCopy to backup my Blu-rays without quality loss. Meanwhile, several audio tracks and subtitles are preserved so I can switch language when watching movies.)
- Various output profile presets.
- Video Editor available.
- Other small but essential functions. Pavtube application takes advantage of the NVIDIA CUDA technology and AMD APP technology, and the conversion speed can be increased up to 6 times faster than ever before.
- Support latest BD and DVD disc
- Support Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 and Windows 8.1 Blue PC perfectly
- Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
- Support 3D SBS effect. (3D effect in saved MKV, MP4 and MOV files.)
My point of view: I was searching for blu-ray ripper. I find Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper. It seemed easier to use and somehow had more professional feeling than DVDfab. Easy to use, and both DVDs and Blu-rays can be ripped. Ripping is fast. Just seemed the best product I could find, for ripping DVDs and blu-rays. The trial seemed to work so I decided to buy. With it, I can freely watch Blu-ray movies on TV from media device in home network and also easily get my few ipads and iphone/android/windows phones, and Windows laptops for blu-rays enjoyment everywhen and everywhere.
Rip Blu-ray (ISO images) to MP4 for free playing on Android Tablet & Phone
Step 1. Launch Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Android, and load your Blu-ray source files to the program via clicking Blu-ray icon in the upper left corner of the main interface. When the movie files are loaded, simply tick off the checkbox before the movie title you want to rip for your android devices.
Step 2. Click on “Format” menu, located in the “Android” category. Choose the preset you need.
Step 3. Convert Blu-ray/DVD for Android by clicking the start button.
- How to transfer videos from PC to Android Phone/Tablet?
- How to transfer videos from Mac to Android Phone/Tablet?
All of the above video (including MKV, AVI, Tivo, VOB, FLV, MPG, DVD, Blu-ray, ISO, IFO, etc.), a software can be completely solved, it is Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, the steps-by-steps refer to the guide.
In addition, if you bought many videos from iTunes, Amazon, or BBC iPlayer store, you will find these videos are protected, here I highly recommended a DRM removal software, the steps reference the guide. (click here to pick up the proper apps for you.)
Not a Android users? It doesn’t matter, the Pavtube Converter also supports “common” video formats like MOV, M4V, MP4 and has presets for all the models of iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Apple TV, so you should be able to create files compatible with your iOS basd devices, as well as BlackBerry and Windows 8 RT/Pro devices.
If you are a DVD lover, turn to the gudie to learn How to Rip DVD movies to Android Phone/Tablet for watching. (Or you can select a proper DVD Ripper: Top 5 Best DVD Ripper Programs for You)
- Surface RT/Pro Column
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD Column
- iPad 3 Column
- iPhone 5 Column
- Apple TV 3 Column
- Google Nexus 7 Column
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Cloumn