The PROBOX2 is an Android TV box running Android 5.1 and powered by the Amlogic S812 chipset. It also features 2GB of RAM and 16Gb of eMMC storage. It is suitable for those looking for an easy to use all-in-one Android box, particularly thanks to the optional Remote+ airmouse with integrated game controls. Probox 2 EX is fast. Have a minix neo x7 with Rockchip RK3188 that is slow as molasses and full of factory ROM issues compared to this box which works flawlessly right out of the box. Check out video reviews they are spot on. After you got this great android box for HDTV, you may come across the same issues:
“I use it to rip Films and Series from DVD and save them to my NAS so I can whatch them using my probox2 android box. So, I start searching for Rip DVD and found Pavtube later on site where different tools were compared.I need a tool which can help me convert DVD to MP4 so that i can watch them on TV using my Probox2 Android box and Kodi or I would like to store them on NAS for watching later. Any good idea for rip DVD Movies? ”
- Hot Search: MOV to Kodi | FLV to Kodi | Tivo to Kodi | 3D Blu-ray ISO to Kodi | MP4 to Kodi | Kodi Video Buffering Issues
How to play DVD movies via Probox2 Android box With Kodi from NAS?
However, the biggest issue with Probox2 Android box is that it is not particular user friendly with episodes spanning across multiple discs. The best way is to rip each episode individually, especially considering that most front ends have nice interface to manage TV shows. So how to convert your DVD to Probox2 Android box with Kodi for TV Playback? Although NAS can store the files copied from DVD movies directly, Probox2 Android Box and all TV can not play these files directly. So to play DVD movies via Probox2 Android Box from NAS, you should use a powerful Blu-ray Ripper to help you rip DVD movies to both Probox2 Android Box, Kodi and TV compatible format. Here I recommend you to use Pavtube BDMagic for the following reasons:
1. Convert all kinds of Blu-ray/DVD sources: protected and unprotected Blu-ray Disc, BDMV folder, BD ISO, physical DVD, VIDEO_TS folder, DVD ISO and IFO file to Probox2 Android Box accepted format.
2. Convert all Blu-ray and DVD with region code, Disney code, Marvel protection, Sony code etc, and even the latest code.
3. Convert Blu-ray/DVD to optimized preset format for LG/Sony/Samsung/Panasonic TV etc.
4. Both 3D Blu-ray discs, 2D Blu-ray discs, and standard DVDs can be converted to all popular SD and HD (3D) video formats for streaming to TV.
5. Attach external subtitle file, add subtitles into your Blu-ray/DVD movie and save as personal creation for enjoyment.
6. Cut off unwanted video parts and just preserve segment out of a complete Blu-ray/DVD movie; remove black edges and unwanted area of the image in original movie with simple operation.
Free download and install:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Steps to Play DVD Movies via Probox2 Android Box for Kodi from NAS
Step 1. Load DVD movies
Launch the program on your computer, insert DVD movies into disc drive and click “File” > “Load from disc” button to add DVD disc into this app. You can also load Blu-ray discs with BD Drive.
Step 2: Set output format
Click “Format” bar, from its drop-down option, you can select TV optimized file format for your TV to have the best DVD movies playback on your TV. (The format is also compatible for Probox2 Android Box and Kodi).
Tip: Click the “Edit” icon on the main interface to open “Video Editor” window, under the “Subtitle” panel, check “Enable”, then browse your local drive to import the “SRT/ASS/SSA” subtitles that you want to add to the DVD movies.
PS. The subtitles that you add your Blu-ray/DVD movies with our application is hard subtitles, which means the subtitles will be printed on the movies permanently. (Difference between soft subtitles and hard subtitles).
Step 3: Start to convert
Go back to the main interface and hit right-bottom convert button to start the conversion. When the conversion is done, click the “Open Output Folder” icon on the main interface to pop out the folder with the converted files.
Backup the converted DVD files to NAS, then play DVD movies via Probox2 Android Box from NAS. The converted DVD movies can stream to all TV through Kodi, such as LG, Sony, Samsung and so on, via Probox2 Android Box.
Note: Pavtube DVDAid is capable of ripping all kinds of DVD to various TV Boxes for viewing. The output video won’t be much inferior to the original source, and the ripping task will be handled with a quite fast speed. (Learn why choose this Best DVD Copying and Ripping Tool).