Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software, which is a popular multi-platform alternative to Windows Media Center for HTPC (Home Theater PC) use. Recently I noticed some issues in DVD ISO files to Kodi 15/14 playback:
After the last update to kodi, iso dvd playback suffers lots of problem. I had to fix the lack of libmpeg2 but I still have issues:
* if I enable the bypass of introduction menu, the playback doesn’t start: I can ear audio for a while then everything stop.
* very often I get an xbmc crash and restart
* Video and audio stutter like software decoding If I play directly the vob files the playback is fine http://pastebin.com/HiCVUR7t I will paste later a log whith debug enabled. From github.com.
Due to lack of Media Player, the Kodi support very limited formats and DVD ISO/IFO files are the tab does not play. If you’d like to put DVD ISO/IFO onto Kodi 15/14 for the following travel, you need transfer DVD to Kodi 15/14 accepted files like MKV, and then stream movies to play with Kodi via network.
I searched widely, and many guys recommend Pavtube DVD ISO ripping software, it will bring the best audio / video for watching on Kodi 15/14. Unlike some free DVD ripping tools like Handbrake and MakeMKV,Pavtube DVDAid is an easy-to-use yet professional software to help you to solve the issue by giving us the ability to store our purchased physical DVD discs to Kodi(XBMC) for smoothly playback in HTPC on Windows.
For those who’re using a Mac OS X El Capitan machine, please try its Pavtube DVDAid for Mac. Now, download this professional App and follow below guide to learn How to Convert DVD ISO/IFO files to MP4 for Kodi 15/14.
This Top ISO to Kodi Converter’s Main features:
- Best DVD ripping software on the market
- Rip and convert DVD movies to MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV,etc with high quality.
- Makes 1:1 copy of original DVD Disc without quality loss with all audio streams, subtitle tracks, extras, etc.
- With CUDA/AMD GPU acceleration, and you will take short time of converting and get hours of enjoyments.
It’s simple to use and well worth the investment.
- Support latest DVDFeatures with adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
Free Download and trail:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/dvd_ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-DVDAid/3000-7970_4-76158510.html
Note: Today, we’re just going to show you the simplest steps to convert DVD to XBMC Kodi file.
Step 1: Launch DVD Ripper, click “File” to import DVD ISO file into the program.
One of the great things about this DVD ISO to XBMC Kodi file converter is the fact that it can be used to convert multiple files at a time. You can add multiple DVD files to the conversion queue.
Step 2: Select MKV/MP4 as the output format
Click “Output Format” option to reveal the format drop-down list. In the “Format” > “Common Video” column, find “MKV(Matroska) Video (*.mkv)” or “H.264 Video(*.mp4)” or H.264 High Profile Video(*.mp4) and choose it as the output format for using on Kodi (xbmc) and playback on android tablet.
Step 3: Click on “Convert” on the lower right corner to launch the ripping process of DVD ISO to Kodi (XBMC). Wait for all the DVD files to be converted.
The two status bars show estimated time about the process. If you plan on walking away from the computer for sleep, tick the “Shut down computer when conversion completed” option. Default is unchecking.
After the conversion complete, simply put the movie from DVD ISO onto Kodi 15/14 for play back. Enjoy the movie!