The new UHD 4K Blu-ray specification also moves from H.264 / AVC compression technology to the newer H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) technology, allowing for noticeably more efficient data compression. To rival the 4K streaming, the 4K Blu-rays rummor has been made real. DVD companies this year rolls out shiny 4K Blu-rays which are not region-locked for movies including The Martian, Life of Pi, The Lego Movie, Mad Max: Fury Road, Chappie and Hancock andKingsman: The Secret Service ranging from £20 to £25. Have issues playing 4K Blu-ray on HEVC Media Players? Simply follow this article to get the best solution to rip 4K Blu-ray to H.265 Encoders for smoothly playback.
While 4K Blu-ray discs are encoded under the H.265/HEVC standard, which can be one of the many reasons why ordinary Blu-ray players cannot handle 4K Blu-ray. Here, To be able to get 4K Blu-ray with HEVC (H.265) video as supported codec, you will need to change the video codec first. This requires a professional HEVC/H.265 converter. Read on to learn a simple guide on how to convert 4K Blu-ray to HEVC/H.265 movies for viewing on a Blu-ray player.
Best 4K Blu-ray to H.265 Encoders for NVIDIA GPU Hardware Acceleration
Pavtube BDMagic <review> is just updated to Windows version 126.96.36.199 with support for H.265/HEVC encoding acceleration on a PC that running Nvidia GPU with either Maxwell (GM206) or Pascal technology enabled graphic cards, which is rated as the best all-in-one 4K Blu-ray to H.265 converter. It can rip and convert any commercial and region-locked 4K Blu-ray to H.265/HEVC with supported codec. It can keep the original video quality while ripping 4K Blu-ray to H.265 MP4, MKV. Besides, it allows you to compress 4K to 1080p for your normal 4K TV so that you can play 4K Blu-ray on TVs with newest H.265 codec.
- Powerful Blu-ray/DVD Ripper: Converts Blu-ray/DVD and ISO/IFO files to H.265 video filess rapidly in high quality.
- Rip and backup any commercial 4K Blu-ray to 4K/1080P/720P/540P MP4/MKV/AVI/MOV, etc video with original video quality
- Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray to 3D MP4/MKV/AVI/MOV for VR Headest
- Make entire copy of Blu-ray and directly copy the main title of Blu-ray movies.
- Wide Selection of Formats Supported: Converts any video files to various video and audio formats and popular media players
- Fast-Speed Blu-ray/DVD Converter: If your computer have Nvidia CUDA/ATI AMD ready graphics card, you can have GPU encoding and the conversion would be faster. Note this function only works when you choose H.264 Baseline Profile.
- Lossless Conversion: Converts Blu-ray, DVD video files without the risk of losing its original quality.
- Additional Features: Edit tool videos, can create 3D video, 1:1 disc backup, copy main BD/DVD movie and etc.
- Built-in video editing tool enables you to trim and crop video. Even add subtitle and replace audio in the Blu-ray ripping process
H.265/HEVC Video Playback issues:
Download and installed the software and experience all the functions now. I will share my guide to rip 4K Blu-ray to H.265/HEVC MP4 video.
Step 1. Launch the best Blu-ray to H.265/HEVC Ripper and load Blu-ray discs with BD Drive.
Step 2. Click “Format” to find “Common Video” catalogue, select “H.265 Video(*.mp4)”. What’s more, you can also rip Blu-ray to H.264 MP4,WMV or MKV for watching.
Step 3. Optional – If you think the video size this not suitable for playback, you can first choose any one of the provided type, then change the settings, see the following picture:
Please remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
Step 4. Click “Convert” to start ripping 4K Blu-ray to H.265/HEVC MP4, when completed, click “Open” to find the generated files. Obviously, it is easy to use software to convert 4K Blu-ray to H.265 for for enjoying.
Additional Tips 1: The Advantages of HEVC/H.265
1. Compared to the high computational and profile complexity of the H.264/AVC, HEVC/H.265 ensures 50% bit rate reduction at the same image quality
2. In terms of the real-time encoding, HEVC/H.265 remains the same image quality but with 35% bandwidth consumption reduction
3. HEVC/H.265 supports higher video resolution, including 2K and 4K
4. HEVC is good for cost saving. It allows transferring SD and HD content on low bit rate connection
Additional Tips 2: Using H264 and H265 Encoders on NVIDIA GPUs
The LEAD H264 Encoder (4.0) and LEAD H265 Encoder (3.0) are capable of accelerating compression on NVIDIA GPUs with CUDA. There are two technologies for accelerating H264 compression on NVIDIA devices:
- NVCUVENC is available on most NVIDIA GPUs, but has been deprecated since August 2014. The newest NVIDIA device drivers do not support this technology, but you can get it by installing an older version of the display driver. For more information, refer to https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk. The LEAD H264 Encoder can use the NVCUVENC technology if it is available.
- NVENC technology is available on newer GPUs. The page mentioned above contains a list of graphics cards supported by the NVENC technology. The LEAD H264 Encoder can use the NVENC technology if it is available.
The NVENC compression is available if the GPU Capability displayed in the NVIDIA CUDA Info mesage box is at least 3.0. If the GPU capability is less than 3.0, then you need to use the NVCUVENC capability by installing an older version of the display driver. See the following examples of message boxes which illustrate graphics cards with and without NVENC capability.
If you have a NVIDIA graphics card but the LEAD H264 Encoder does not enable the CUDA hardware acceleration, you should first check whether your card supports the NVENC technology. If it does, you might have to install the newest graphics driver. You can also check the NVENC support by opening the H264 encoder property page and clicking the CUDA Info button. If the card supports the NVENC technology, the message box should look like the following figure (notice that the message box says NVCUVENC is not available, but NVENC is available):
If the message box does not indicate that NVENC compression is available, you will need to install a version of the NVIDIA disply driver that includes the NVCUVENC.dll. The NVIDIA page mentioned at the top of this page provides details on which driver version to install and when you can get it from.
If NVENC compression is not available, the CUDA info property page will look like the following figure:
The following unofficial sequence also seems to work to get NVCUVENC support with the new NVIDIA drivers:
- Install the old driver.
- Make a copy of NVCUVENC.dll (or rename it).
- Install the new driver.
- Copy the saved NVCUVENC.dll to the system folder or rename it back.
Now, you may have no issues about rip 4k Blu-ray movies to H.265 mp4 video immediately.