QNAP really does the excellent job on NAS. The new Qnap TS-253B has the USB port for direct access to files on NAS without needing a network connection, has the PCIe port which supports installing a QNAP QM2 dual-port M.2 SSD/10GbE connectivity, best of all, TS-253B supports the dual-channel 4K H.265/H.265 hardware decoding. For Blu-ray collectors, no doubt, copy Blu-ray to QNAP TS-253B NAS is the best option which can save much storage space.
We all know you need a third tool to finish this job: one Blu-ray ripper which can remove the Blu-ray copy protection, convert the Blu-ray to digital video formats. There are many tools on the matket, wer have found some perfect or popular Blu-ray ripper software which attract most users’ option, you can choose one and follow the steps to copy Blu-ray to Qnap TS-253B.
Popular Blu-ray Copy Software We Have Found
Powerful Blu-ray ripper: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can satisfy all you need: 300+ video formats and comprehensive device preset. Whatever you Blu-ray and DVD movies are protected by CSS, UOPs, BD+, region code, etc, this software can remove them with fast speed. Best of all, you also can copy the DVD/Blu-ray full disc, or choose the disc main title. Best of all, you can adjust the video parameters and edit the video with the built-in video editor.
|Video Input||DVD disc, DVD ISO image, IFO image, DVD folder, Blu-ray discs, ISO image and folder. Common videos: MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, etc.|
|Blu-ray Copy||Copy the Blu-ray full disc which can keep all the Blu-ray content, copy the Blu-ray main title which won’t affect you to enjoy the movie.|
|Blu-ray Convert||Convert the Blu-ray to 300+ video formats: MP4, MOV, AVI, WKV, WMV, etc.|
|Device Preset||Play Blu-ray on Android devices, Apple devices, NLE software, media players, game console, TVs and so on|
|3D Video||3D video converter: You can get the best 3D videos: 3D AVI, 3D MOV, 3D WMV, etc.|
|4K Video||4K video converter: Enjoy the 4K video on 4K TV: 4K LG TV, Apple TV 4K, 4K Samsung TV, etc? You can get the 4K video effortlessly.|
|Video Editor||Cut the video, trim the video, add subtitles to video, adjust the video backgroud color, etc.|
|Video Setting||Adjust the video codec, video frame, video bitrate, video resolution, audio channels, etc.|
No 2. Handbrake
The go-to tool for ripping and converting Blu-ray has long been the free Handbrake. Includes a lot of useful settings to personalize your final file within an intuitive interface that is easy to understand by anyone. You can discover more and more useful capabilities while using it. Handbrake support the various video and audio codec: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, etc. The only drawback of this software is that it can’t remove the DVD/Blu-ray copy protection.
No 3. MakeMKV
MakeMKV is a free download for all operating systems. DVD ripping will always be free, but Blu-Ray ripping is only free as long as it’s in beta. It reads out the DVD and Blu-ray discs, preserves all audio and video tracks including HD audio, preserves chapters information, fast conversion, multi-platform and many more. But it only output MKV files.
Copy Blu-ray to Qnap TS-253B with Fast Speed
Method 1: Copy Blu-ray to Qnap TS-253B with Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
1. Open this Blu-ray ripper by double click, then you can click the "File" to add the Blu-ray disc you want to convert, this software can detect the Blu-ray main title automatically. You also can drag the Blu-ray videos directly.
2. After loading the Blu-ray disc, click "Format" and open the output video format list, you can choose the video formats you want, like these:
- Convert Blu-ray to common video: MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, etc. You can choose the device you want too, like the iPad, iPhone, Apple TV 4K, PS4, Xbox One, etc.
- Convert Blu-ray to 3D video from the Blu-ray discs, ISO image and folder.
- Convert Blu-ray to 4K video for different 4K TV.
3. Click Browse and choose the output video save location, then click Convert button to strat the Blu-ray ripping process.
Method 2: Copy Blu-ray to Qnap TS-253B with Handbrake
1. Firstly, download and install HandBrake.
2. Launch HandBrake. Select “Open Source” and select the file.
3. After you’ve loaded the video click Browse and select the output file. You should choose mp4 in the output settings, then click the Video tab and move to the next step.
4. Click the Start button to begin the process. Watch progress on the bottom of the screen. “Encode finished” indicates that your file is ready
Method 3: Copy Blu-ray to Qnap TS-253B with MakeMKV
1. Launch MakeMKV, insert Blu-ray disc in your Blu-ray drive.
2. Click the big button that looks like an optical drive. MakeMKV will read the disc, then display its contents
3. You can click the disclosure triangle next to the disc, choose to exclude different parts of a disc, such as the main feature and bonuses, or different episodes for a TV series, exclude any audio and subtitle tracks you don’t need.
4. Click the MakeMKV button, and wait for the app to create the file.
After you finish the Blu-ray disc video conversion and get the digital Blu-ray movies, you can get the full control of your Blu-ray movies on Qnap TS-253B NAS for better management and convenient access.