Can GoPro Studio Share to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc?
There is no option to upload and publish directly to sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc, but you export video files from GoPro Studio and then upload them to the site of your choosing. In fact, GoPro Studio even has export preset specifically for YouTube and Vimeo which really simplify the process!
Part I: Convert GoPro Hero 5 Files to Web Environments (YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter) Supported Formats
The answer is Yes! Actually, To get 4K footage from GoPro Hero 5 to YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc, there are two basic issues we need to resolve: Convert GoPro video to a compatible file type for YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc; divide GoPro files into shorter 15 min sections( YouTube has a 15 min limit in usual.) To achieve the goal effortlessly, encode MP4 to YouTube supported video formats. Just download and install the GoPro convert app – Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac <review>.
This best GoPro Video Converter which works as a GoPro video editor as well. With it, you can fast convert GoPro MP4 videos to YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc compatible format like AVI, FLV with a proper resolution like 720p. What’s more, with the built-in video editor, it’s freely for you to trim the videos into multiple segments with short duration. Besides converting files to Web Environments, the program also help you edit any videos (HD/4K Videos) in a number of ways so that you can get the exact piece of video you want. Learn >> Share XAVC 4k videos on YouTube/Myspace/Vimeo/Google for Mac
Ready Free Try and Buy Top GoPro Video Converter for Website?
Step-by-Step Guide on Converting/Uploading GoPro Hero 5 Files to YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc
For Windows users, just follow the detailed guide to complete your conversion. The way to share GoPro MP4 clips to Web Environments on Mac is the same (including Sierra, El Capitan). Just make sure you’ve downloaded the right version.
Step 1. Copy the GoPro Hero 5 files to your hard drive. Drag & drop MP4 to the GoPro Video Converter after launching it. Or click the Add video button to locate the files you want to add.
Step 2. Click Format bar to select an output format. To share your GoPro movies on YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc. mp4, avi, .3gp, .flv format from Common Video are all the proper formats. You can also press the Settings button to adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc to optimize the quality. Or you can select the right formats “HD Video” list >> “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” for uploading to YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Note:You’d better downscale GoPro Hero 5 4K to 1080p for uploading to YouTube/Viemo/Facebook easily.
a. Profile settings: You can also press the Settings button to adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc to optimize the quality. 1080p, 720p are recommended.
b. Edit/Split GoPro video: Click Edit button and you can trim, crop or adjust the video with the built-in video editor to get the very part and effect of the movie you want.
c. Trim – Choose to reserve the part you need. Just choose the chapter which you need to trim, to set “start time” or “end time”, type the portion which you want to save.
d. Crop – Remove black edges of your video or just get the scale of this video you want.
e. Effect – Adjust the effects by adjusting the parameters, such as:
1) Deinterlacing – If there are some stripes on the picture, you can check this option to make a better picture effect. (Checked by default)
2) If you want to get 3D effect, just enable this function and do settings.
Step 3. Start the conversion. After that, click Convert to start the GoPro to Web Environments conversion. When the conversion ends, you can tap the Open button to locate the converted files and then upload the GoPro Video to YouTube, Viemo, Facebook, Twitter etc simply.
Part II: How to Share GoPro Videos on Social Media
1 – How to Upload Long-form Video to YouTube and Vimeo
There is no option to upload and publish directly to sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc., but you can export video files from GoPro Studio and then upload them to the site of your choosing. In fact, GoPro Studio even has export preset specifically for YouTube and Vimeo which really simplifies the process! Here’s how:
2 – If you want to share a file exported from GoPro Studio
First, you will need to edit down your video in GoPro Studio so that it is the desired length. Once you have edited your video, follow these steps:
- In Studio, go to Step 3: Export.
- In the Preset setting, select ‘Mobile’. This configuration uses settings which are preferred by most sharing services.
- Choose where you want to save your file and press Export.
- Email the new message to yourself. Open your email service. Create a new email message, attach the exported video as an attachment, and then send the email.
- If the file is too large or you prefer to use another service to send the file, there may be other apps that can transfer the file from your computer to your mobile device, such as Dropbox.
- On your mobile device, open your mail app and open the message you sent.
- Download the video file to your camera roll.
- Open the sharing app you are using (YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, etc.).
- Upload the file to your feed.
- Use the video feed for example from YouTube and add it to dlvr.it. Dlvr.it will instantly share your GoPro videos across your social media channels.
3 – How to Upload GoPro Videos to Instagram
First Stop: Editing. Video on Instagram can be 3 to 15 seconds long.
Tool: Squaready for Video. Free app. Allows you to post entire videos on Instagram without Square cropping.
4 – Uploading to Instagram from an iPhone
*If you are using an Android device, unfortunately, the Android version of Instagram is temporarily not working properly with GoPro videos. The issue should be resolved shortly.
If you are using iOS, to get video from the GoPro App to Instagram using an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the app after you recorded your video.
- Select Connect and Control.
- Download either the High Resolution or Low Resolution of the video to your smartphone or tablet’s camera roll.
- Download an app that can access your camera roll trim the length of your video while keeping the wide angle perspective. See the tool “Squaready for Video” mentioned above.
- Now go ahead and trim the clip to the desired length. For example, Instagram requires video clips to be 3-15 seconds long.
- Upload your video.
- Add Instagram to your dlvr.it account to instantly share your videos across social media.
Bonus: Take away the difficulty of sharing outside the GoPro environment
Tool: dlvr.it. Use dlvr.it to go from:
GoPro > Instagram > dlvr.it > Social routes (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Pro Tip: After uploading your video to one place (example: YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo), dlvr.it can distribute it to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr and more.
Before uploading GoPro Hero 5 footage to Web Environments for sharing, if you wanna import your GoPro MP4 to the Non-linear Editing system like iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Pinnacle Studio, etc for further editing, this Video Converter for GoPro files is still a big help. refer to the guideline.