Capture and share your world, this is all about GoPro. And we are glad to know that the new Hero4 Black model now supports 4K video recording. With a GoPro Hero4 4K camera falling into your hands, you may use it to capture dozens of 4K videos or movies for all kinds of activities, such as cycling, aviation, boating, diving, rock climbing or some other sports. But what if you have the need for editing GoPro Hero4 4K footage in Avid Media Composer? Don’t let it be your editing work hurdle. The article would show you how to convert GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 videos to Avid Media Composer for editing on Mac step by step. Just take a look.
As we know, the GoPro Hero 4 recordings are in H.264 MP4 format in at resolutions up to 4K at 30fps or 1080p at 120fps. While, as of MC V8.2 you can only AMA link 4K footage and work at HD or lower. As most source footager is compressed fast drives are less of an issue. Core count and core speed are the performance factors, so you’d better refresh the processor line first. And with V8.3 or V8.4 we will get 2K and 4K resolution support and a new codec DNxHR so will have a 4K DNx codec. But even then the codec is compressed so the datarate is massivbely high. I have tried my best to make it, frustratingly, no luck.
An alternative and decent solution is to convert GoPro Hero4 4K clips to Avid Media Composer native format before editing. To do the GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 videos to Avid MC conversion, as well as to keep the excellent quality, you need a professional Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac to be your helper. Moreover, this Mac program has preset for Avid Media Composer. It assist you to:
- Output GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to Avid Media Composer optimized DNxHD MOV format in 1 Click!
- Custom and personalize 4K videos with diversified video editing tools.
- Directly convert 4K video files to fit Apple devices and Android devices with optimized presets.
- Supports all popular formats, including AVI, MKV, Tivo, MP4 in 1080p resolution and 4K XAVC-S, XAVS-L, etc.
- Extract Audio: Extract audio from your 4K videos to MP3, MKV, M4V, WAV, etc.
If you are Windows user, windows version is available here. In this article I take Mac version as an example, Window version have the same steps and the functions. Both of them are have a big discounts in Summer Holiday Coupon Page to save money.
Free Download Top 4K Video Converter for Mac:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Step 1. Import GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 video files
Click “Add video” button to load GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 files which are copied onto hard drive or directly drag the footage to the program. You can check the “Merge into one” box to join several video files together.
Step 2. Select Avid Media Composer as the output format
Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output format. It is an ideal and suitable editing format for Avid MC.
Step 3. Start GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to Avid MC conversion
When you finish all settings, hit “Start conversion” button to start transcoding GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to Avid Media Composer. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows. After the conversion, it’s freely to import GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 clips into Avid Media Composer for natively editing.
1. Click “Settings” button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. If you want to get original 4K resolution, just keep the video size as original. Or compress source 4K videos to 1080p files for smoothly editing.
2. Click “Edit selected task” button and you can trim, crop or adjust the GoPro Hero4 4K video with the built-in video editor to get the very part and effect of the movie you want.
3. Besides transcoding GoPro Hero4 4K MP4 to Avid MC, this Mac 4K video converter also supports converting 4K video files to Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, After Effects and more editing programs with ProRes, DNxHD, MPEG-2, Apple InterMediate Codec, etc optimal codecs. Just add the 4K videos and select output format within seconds. By the way, you needn’t to worry about quality loss during the conversion at all.
4. Note that not only the 4K videos from GoPro Hero4, but also other HD videos (1080p, 720p, etc.) captured using GoPro cameras can be easily edited, converted following above instructions. The devices include GoPro Hero, GoPro Hero3 White, GoPro Hero3+ Silver, GoPro Hero4 Silver and GoPro Hero4 Black.