Walmart will soon be able to convert your Blu-ray/DVD movies to online digital content right from your own PC. Starting sometime this month, the expanded service will handle the whole conversion with you driving it from your PC. Using its Vudu video streaming service, Walmart will convert your DVD and Blu-ray movies and TV shows into UltraViolet digital copies. Those copies are then stored in your own online libraries where you can watch them from any supported computer, phone, tablet, game system, TV, or Blu-ray player.
Free Vudu mobile apps are available for iPad and Android devices. Walmart promises that iOS users will be able to download as well as stream titles starting mid-February. Read More >>Walmart will convert your discs to digital from your home.
How does Vudu Disc-to-digital work?
Firstly, you should sign in VUDU. If you don’t have a VUDU account, you can create a free VUDU account to get started with your Disc-to-digital list and then sign in. Secondly, choose your movie disc. Input the name of your movie title, and choose disc type Blu-ray Disc or DVD. If you choose Blu-ray disc, there is only one video quality – High Definition for you to add to your movie list while there are two Standard Definition and High Definition for DVD. Lastly, you should bring your physical DVDs or Blu-ray discs to a Walmart store to convert disc to digital. For converting SD DVD or HD Blu-ray, $2.00 is charged each time while it costs $5.00 to convert HD DVD.
Both Vudu and Cinema, now have the same limitation: You can’t just convert any movie or TV show from your own library. It has to be a title supported by each respective service and the UltraViolet format. All these things seem to make people more comfortable. But that kind of comfort is only saying that people could stay at home and finish the disc to digital copy backup. And compared with the time when there’s no such service, people get an additional solution to solve the disc to digital copy backup. However, the advantages of Vudu or CinamaNow would become nothing when compared to 3rd-party Blu-ray ripping software like – Pavtube BDMagic. Hold on reading…
Hot Search: Blu-ray to MKV | Rip contents of Blu-ray | DVD vs Blu-ray vs Digital File Comparison | Rip BR selection to MP4 |
Convert Blu-ray to Digital – Get Perfect Blu-ray to Digital Copy Tool
To convert Blu-ray to digital format fast and smoothly, you can try one of the most well-received Blu-ray ripping software – Pavtube BDMagic which is a decent option for creating basic Blu-ray to digital backup. This Blu-ray copy software makes copies of full movies in the same amount of time it takes to view those movies. This speed is complemented by full-fledged decryption support that works without a third-party plugin. This enables you to protect your Blu-ray collection by copying discs for your own personal use.
* The program also includes basic video editing tools, such as trim, crop, effect and audio.
* It can remove AACS and CSS in Blu-ray/DVD disc and other similar protections built-in discs to prevent straight-up copying. It can 1:1 backup Blu-ray/DVD with the same video structure and convert Blu-ray/DVD to H.265, M3U8, MKV, AVI, MP4, etc in original video quality.
* BDMagic is great for making simple Blu-ray to digital backups. It makes perfect clone copies of high-definition movies and copies Blu-ray disc data to our computer’s hard drive with ease. The application also supports ISO disc image copying and DVD to digital conversion. These functions allow you to watch videos on your computer and protect your Blu-ray collection from disappearing due to scratches or other damage to the original disc.
* The sound quality of the Blu-ray copies we created using Pavtube BDMagic software was amazing. In fact, we couldn’t distinguish it from the original. Picture quality, however, was a different story. All of the detail visible in the original movie showed up in the copies we made, but the stunning clarity and striking depth-perception experience we saw in the originals was lacking.
* The Blu-ray backup software from Pavtube is quick and easy to use. It opens with a simple interface from which you can find your Blu-ray or DVD file in a dropdown menu. You can then choose the output and conversion options you want, all without leaving the home interface.
Now, Let’s Start Ripping Blu-ray to Digital Copies
Step 1. Add Blu-ray Movies
Install and launch the program, then click “File” button to import the Blu-ray movies that you want to use. After the files are loaded, you can preview them on the right and take snapshots of any movie scenes. Pavtube BDMagic is also a DVD Digital Copier so that you can load DVD to copy.
Tip: You have the option of editing videos as you want. Just click “Edit selected task” button on the menu bar to accomplish editing tasks.
Step 2. Choose output format
From the drop-down list of “Format” > “Common Video”, you can select MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. (for MP4, MKV, MOV is usually encoded with H.264) as the output format. If you want to get better HD video quality, select format from “HD Video” category. If you want to import the Blu-ray movie to play on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, etc., you can also directly select iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or iPod as the output format to get videos with optimized settings for your devices.
Blu-ray to Digital – Which Digital Format Should You Choose?
It is a question that which format to choose when converting Blu-ray to digital. To be frank, there is no the best answer cause the digital format selection depends on your needs. Generally, the most commonly used Blu-ray movie digital format is MP4, for its good compression and excellent compatibility. The popular MP4 video is widely accepted by most devices and media players.
Tip: To adjust video and audio parameters like codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, you could click on “Settings” button.
Step 3. Start to convert Blu-ray to digital
After all these have been prepared, just click the “Start conversion” button to begin the Blu-ray to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. conversion. After that, click Open button to get the output video clips and play on mobile devices/TV, edit, share them online anywhere you like.
When all is said and done, you’ll have nice high-quality digital versions of your Blu-ray discs. Just how good is the quality, compared to the original disc, a DVD, or the iTunes digital version.