As 4K is the latest video resolution standard, it’s not easy to get 4K content, not to mention 4K video editing software. When you shot memorable moment in 4K resolution with your camera and want to enhance it by cutting certain segment,you will need a video editor which support 4K video editing. But if you don’t want to be left behind, take a look at the best and most trustworthy 4K video editors, as they will suffice not only for 4K video to smaller size compression but also for some extra function of being an 4K video converter.
Not all video editors support 4K editing. Here we list 5 best video editors that support 4K editing on Mac OS Sierra. If you want to edit your 4K videos, stop here and find top 4K editing program here.
Note: If you are a Windows user, you are lucky that lots of professional video editing software support 4K such as the latest CyberLink PowerDirector Ultra, Sony Vegas Pro, Sony Movie Studio Platinum, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro and Pinnacle Studio Ultimate. However, if you use a Mac, it’s pity that only a few professional video editors support 4K video editing such as Apple Final Cut Pro and AVID Media Composer.
2017 Top 5 Video Editing Software for 4K Resolution
No.1 – Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is an easy-to-use and feature rich editing tool for Windows and Mac. You’d better to get a commercial video editing application. It is such a great video editor that helps you to edit all regular video formats to share with the worldwide.
Supported platforms: Mac (OS Sierra/El Capitan included), Windows (Windows 10 supported)
- Trim: You can use the “Trim” function to remove the unwanted segments by deciding where to start and where to end when converting the selected clip.
- Crop: With the “Crop” function, you can remove the black edges around the image.
- Effect: From effect drop-down option, you can select special effects like: Simple Gauss Blur, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film to apply to your source video. In Color Control section, you can change color by adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation. You can also check “Deinterlacing” to keep good image quality.
- Audio Editor: You can remove the original audio from video or replace the original video with another audio, you can also set audio fade in or fade out effects.
- Subtitle: Check “Enable”, you can add *.srt or *.ass/*.ssa subtitle files to the video as hard subtitles.
More powerful features:
- Compress a 200+GB 4K movie to MPEG-4, MP4, WMV and FLV that output smaller video size.
- Scale 4K to 1080p full HD resolution to get smaller size and make it good at playing on mobiles, covering iPhone 6S, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 5/S6 edge, etc.
- Upscale 1080p to 4K for other usages.
No.2 – Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra
PowerDirector video-editing software Not only does it handle the standard trimming, joining, and overlaying of clips and effects with great control, but it’s often the first to support new standards, such as the H.265 video standard and 360-degree footage from the Samsung Gear 360. PowerDirector’s fast, powerful video-editing tools make it the prosumer video editing software to beat, even when pitted against bigger competitors. Fastest rendering in our testing. Clear, speedy interface. Loads of effects. Multicam editing. 360-degree, 3D, and 4K capability. Blu-ray disc authoring. Specialized action cam tools. Motion tracking. Screen recording. Content-Aware editing.
No.3 – Sony Vegas Pro
Sony Vegas Pro can be called the BIG BROTHER of Sony Vegas Movie Studio, as it offers enhanced features and it will need you to pay more. Sony Vegas Pro brings a number of intuitive yet productive features such as powerful effects, support for iOS devices through corresponding application, stereoscopic 3D editing, enhanced audio control, support for 4K video, multi-track audio environment, impressive media management, DVD Layout and Design along with one option to preview what you have done. Of course, Sony Vegas Pro will be the best video editing software for those professionals who are ready to pay.
- Supported Platforms: Windows
- Supported Input Formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, WMA, OMA, OGG, AAF, AIF etc.
- Supported Output Formats: MP4, WAV, WMV, MVC, MP3 etc.
- Price: $599.95 (Trial version also available)
- Key Features: HD Support, Non-destructive editing, unlimited video & audio tracks, linear timecode display.
No.4 – Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is the video editing tools that has helped filmmakers to edit some of your favourite movies including The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Being a video editing software developed by Apple Inc, Final Cut Pro has a number of noticeable features such as an impressive user interface, quite useful keyboard shortcuts & lots more. So, if you afford video editing in your Mac, Final Cut Pro is the best video editor for Mac, we assure.
- Supported Platforms: Macintosh
- Supported Input Formats: Any video format that is compatible with QuickTime
- Supported Output Formats: Any video format that is compatible with QuickTime
- Price: $299
- Key Features: HD Support, Non-destructive editing, storyboard mode, up to 99 video tracks and 99 audio tracks
No.5 – Adobe Premier Pro
Adobe Premier Pro is an immensely-popular, timeline-based video editor that is available for Windows and Mac. In a condition that you are ready to spend, Adobe Premier Pro will be an awesome video editing tool, particularly when we consider features such as Integration with After Effects and Photoshop, top-notch video masking features, superb transitions etc.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac and Cloud
- Supported Formats: Almost every popular video format
- Price: Different plans (individual and combo) are available through official site of Premier Pro
- Key Features: HD Support, Multi Track editing, storyboard mode, unlimited audio and video tracks, linear timecode display and NDE.
Top List of Other Video Editing Software for 4K Resolution
|4K video editor||Supported Platforms||Price||Key Features||Profile|
|Adobe Premiero Pro CC||Windows, Mac and Cloud||Different plans (individual and combo) are available through official site of Premier Pro||
||It provides a faster workflow during 4k video editing, which is favored by both new and seasoned users.|
|Sony Vegas Pro 13||Windows||$599.95||
||The famous non-linear editor (NLE) Sony Vegas Pro is one of first-class high-end video editing software with 4k support.|
|Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 64-bit||$67.99||
||It is a basic 4k video editing software suitable for both beginner and home user.|
|Corel VideoStudio Pro X7||Windows||$79.99||
||Budget-minded users can give this software a try as it is a practical video editor that still features 64-bit processing speed and support 4k editing.|
|MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2014||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP||$49.99||
||This is another affordable 4k video editor with over 1500 effects and templates.|
Conclusion: Software for Editing in 4K
This is by no means a conclusive ranking of all 4k video editor software — these are 5 of the best. Certainly, they’re not suitable for those budget conscious people because of their a bit higher price tags, but you’ll get what you’re paying for. High-end features and experiences are usually bound to high-end prices.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.