For users who have invested a lot of money on physical Blu-ray or DVD disc, it would be essential for you to make a digital backup of the disc in case they get damaged, scratched, lost or stolen. If you are looking for a good option to backup Blu-ray or DVD disc, iCloud can be your great choice, which helps to securely store all the data on Blu-ray/DVD disc in one place and then conveniently access them on not only Windows and Mac, but also your iPhone, iPad. The following article will show you how to store Blu-ray/DVD on iCloud Drive.
What types of files can I store in iCloud Drive?
You won’t go far if you have no idea of what file types can be stored on iCloud drive. You can store any type of file in iCloud Drive, as long as it’s less than 15GB in size and you don’t exceed your iCloud storage limit. There’s no restriction on file type, so you can keep all of your work documents, school projects, presentations, and more up to date across all of your devices.
However, as for Blu-ray or DVD disc, it would be another story. The main reason is that store purchased Blu-ray or DVD disc usually have copy and region protection which prevents you to distribute the data on the disc elsewhere. To upload Blu-ray/DVD on iCloud, you will first need to bypass that protection and then make a digital copy of the data on the disc. Here, you can easily make that with a powerful Blu-ray Ripper application called Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows/Mac, the program can powerfully remove all the copy and region protection on both Blu-ray and DVD disc with built-in decryption technology. You can then rip Blu-ray/DVD to any of desired file formats listed below for storing on iCloud drive.
– Full disc copy of Blu-ray/DVD in original file structure with all the subtitle languages, audio tracks, chapter information, etc well preserved for further disc burning
– Main movie copy of Blu-ray/DVD without unwanted comments, advertisements, etc for playing on media players
– Blu-ray/DVD to Lossless multi-track MKV backup with desired subtitle languages and audio tracks
– Output Blu-ray/DVD to popular video and audio file formats for accessing on different devices
– Directly output iPhone, iPad or iPod preset profile formats for direct viewing
Step by Step to Backup Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive
How do I access all my files in iCloud Drive?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray/DVD disc with the program.
Insert DVD into your computer’s optical DVD drive, for loading Blu-ray disc, you will need an external Blu-ray drive. The run the program on the computer, click “File” > “Load from disc” to load Blu-ray or DVD disc into the program. When both Blu-ray or DVD disc exists, the program will load DVD disc first.
Step 2: Different ways to copy Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive.
Full disc copy
Make a full disc copy by hitting the icon on the top tool bar of the main interface.
Main movie copy
From “Format” bar, select “Copy” > “Direct Copy” to copy the main movie of the Blu-ray/DVD disc.
Lossless Multi-track MKV copy
Get a complete MKV output from Blu-ray/DVD by following “Multi-track Video” > “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)”.
Tips: You can also choose to output other popular file formats or device and programs preset profile formats according to your own needs.
Step 3: Start the conversion process.
Go back to the main interface, press right-bottom “Convert” button to start Blu-ray/DVD movie to iCloud drive copying or backup process.
When the conversion is completed, click “Open Output Folder” on the main interface to pop out the folder with converted files.
After you have upload converted Blu-ray/DVD on iCloud drive, there are multiple ways you can access your files in iCloud Drive:
– Using any supported web browser, you can use iCloud Drive at iCloud.com
– On your Mac, you can go to iCloud Drive in Finder.
– On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, you can access your files from the iCloud Drive app.
– On your PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows, you can go to iCloud Drive in File Explorer.
Backup Blu-ray/DVD for Amazon Cloud Drive Account Website or Mobile App Viewing
Upload DVD Movies to Google Drive for accessing on Smartphone or Tablet
How to Upload DVD Movies to OneDrive for Best Viewing and Sharing?
How to Upload DVD movies to Dropbox Through Website?
Store ISO Image Files on iCloud Drive
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.