Microsoft Xbox is far more than a video game console. You can also play DVDs on Xbox as well. But in many cases it is much more preferable to rip DVD to Xbox first for playback DVD movies further on this game console. Wondering why? Below are the reasons why to rip DVD to Xbox. Is there an app that can let me stream DVDs from my computer to Xbox 360 for later playback on 4K TV? This guide will show you how to stream DVDs to Xbox 360 Compatible Formats for Playback on 4K TV with Ease.
Why Need to Convert and Rip DVD to Xbox?
1. DVD is vulnerable to be scratched and even damaged due to day-after-day wear and tear. To make DVD ripped on Xbox protects your precious DVDs in a safe way.
2. If you are fascinated with a DVD movie borrowed from a friend or rent from a DVD store, to rip DVD to Xbox can help you save the movie to Xbox hard drive to watch it anytime you want without worrying about when to return it.
3. Only when the DVD region matches the region of your Xbox console can you play DVD on Xbox. To put it another way, you can’t play a DVD purchased in United State on your Xbox bought in U.K. In this case, it’s wise to rip DVD to Xbox first with a DVD ripper provided the software has the ability to remove region code from DVD.
For video enthusiasts, Xbox 360 can be taken as the center of your games and entertainment universe according to its website. However, the new game console seems to be far from perfectness with regard to the DVD feature. Until now, there are many issues of playing DVD on Xbox 360 from Xbox Support. Even though you consult AVForums or Quora forums, they will recommend you a huge needed software to solve. Now we are giving you One-click solution to stream your DVDs to Xbox 360 for playback on 4K TV with high quality.
What is needed for Xbox 360 DVD streaming to 4K TV
First, let’s see how does Xbox 360 work when streaming movies? Xbox 360 connects to user’s home network through Wi-Fi; it plugs into the HDMI port of a 4K television or monitor. The power is supplied by connecting with an AC Power Adapter.
And to stream DVD to Xbox 360 for 4K TV, the most important is, on one hand, make sure your video files is supported by Xbox 360/4K TV. On the other hand, only when the DVD region matches the region of your Xbox console can you play DVD via Xbox 360 on 4K TV which you can’t play a DVD purchased in United State on your Xbox 360 bought in U.K.
Must-have app for DVD streaming to Xbox 360 for 4K TV
Actually, there is an easy way to fix the issue – get a DVD ripper which has the ability to remove region code from DVD and convert DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV supported video formats like MPEG4, H264, etc. You may opt for some free DVD rippers like HandBrake to rip DVD to MP4 format, but you have to set complicated video audio settings to make DVD videos fully compatible with for watching on 4K TV via Xbox 360. Worse still, such kind of DVD rippers isn’t suit for copy protected DVD movies, like Mr. Holmes, Toy Story That Time Forgot, Terminator Genisys, etc.
As an alternative to HandBrake, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can be a solid assistance here for you to rip DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV in several simple steps. (For Mac users, Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is the way to go.)
* Bypass all copy protections, such as region code, RCE, CSS, Sony ArccOS, Disney X-project DRM;
* Offers specified formats for Xbox 360/4K TV, you can just choose it to get videos with optimized settings for playing
* Rip any DVDs to MP4, H.264, H. 265, M4V, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc.
* Rip DVD movies to PS3, PS4, PSP, Wii, Apple, Android, Sony, Microsoft, Blackberry, Nokia and other devices;
* Rip DVDs as high quality digital files quickly and stably.
* Provides 1:1 DVD backup solution, which help you back up any commercial DVD movies without any hassle.
Free Download and trail:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
[Steps]: Convert DVD to Xbox 360 for 4K TV playback with Ease
Below is the detailed procedures on how to convert DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV supported format. And the screenshots are taken from the Windows version of DVD Ripper. The mac workflow is as the same.
Step 1. Import your DVD movies
Launch the DVD Ripper and click “Load file(s)” button to import the DVD files that you want to convert to play with Xbox 360 on 4K TV. Both ISO, IFO and files in DVD Folder can be loaded.
Step 2. Choose the output format
This DVD ripper provides optimized presets for Xbox 360. So in this step, you can just choose the ready SD/HD preset for Xbox 360- “Xbox 360 Video – Windows Media Video(*.wmv)”, “Xbox 360 Video (640*480)(*.wmv)” or “Xbox 360 HD Video (*.wmv)” from “Xbox 360” as the output format, which will remove all the incompatibility issue.
1.The output format is preferably in a common format for Xbox 360. Check your 4K TV manual and see if the output WMV format works on your TV before streaming.
2. With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original DVD while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network, depending on your network quality. Simply click “Settings” bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Step 3. Start converting DVD movies to Xbox 360 for 4K TV
When all settings are done, simply click the “Start conversion” button to begin the conversion from DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV. You will get the files converted ready in a few minutes. When the DVD conversion finished, you can freely stream movie to Xbox 360 and watch movie via Xbox 360 on 4K TV anytime and anywhere you like.
1. Learn more about Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is Microsoft’s second video game system, which plays the role of Game Console, HD Movies Player, and music player over the Internet. The Xbox 360 competes with Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Nintendo’s Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles. (See Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4)
2. How to stream media from PC to TV with Xbox
Set up your Xbox
- With a wired or wireless connection, connect your Xbox and computer to the same network.
- Log in to Xbox Live.
- On the Xbox, go to My Xbox > System Settings > Network Settings. Select the type of network (wired or wireless), then “Test Xbox Live Connection.”
Set up your computer (Windows)
- Download and install the latest version of Windows Media Player.
- Go to Library > Add to Library and add folders you want your Xbox to access. All personal folders (Photos, Videos, and Music) are selected by default, but if you have media in other folders, add them.
- Go to Library > Media Sharing, and check “Share Media.” Click “OK,” then wait a few moments for your Xbox to show up as one of the devices. Once it appears, select it, and click “Allow,” then “OK.”
Set up your computer (Mac)
- Download and install Rivet. It’s free to try, $20 to buy.
- Once it’s installed, you’ll find Rivet in your top bar as an arrow icon. Click it and head to “Preferences…”
- Select which movies, music, and photos you’d like to see on your Xbox. You can even select iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums.
- Start streaming
- Press the Xbox button on the controller (in the middle) and scroll over to “Media.” Select Video, Music, or Picture library. On the next screen, choose your computer from the list and select the file you want to play.
- You cannot stream DRM-protected content.
- You can follow the above steps to play custom music in the background during gameplay.
- Acceptable movie file types include MOV, M4V, AVI, MP4V, WMV, and DivX.