Apple TV is a digital media receiver manufactured, marketed and sold by Apple. It is a small form-factor network appliance designed to play digital content originating from the iTunes store, YouTube, Flickr, MobileMe or any Mac OS X or Windows computer running iTunesonto an enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen television. If you owned the Apple TV, you should know how to improve your entaintment life and read this list of Apple TV Supported Video & Audio Formats.
Apple TV can function as either a home theater-connected iPod device or a digital media receiver, depending on the needs of the user.
Here, we will show you 4 part to list various file formats tested playing natively on the Apple TV or other issue when you met the Apple TV unsupported Video/Audio formats.
Part A: Apple TV Supported Video Formats
Part B: Apple TV Supported Audio Formats
Part C: Other Video and Audio Options
Part D: Applet TV Video Conversion Software
A: Natively Video Formats on Apple TV:
*H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC) with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps, 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
*iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels, 640 by 480 pixels, 720 by 480 pixels (anamorphic), or high-definition 720p
*MPEG-4: Up to 3 Mbps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 720 by 432 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
B: Best Audio Formats for Apple TV:
*AAC (16 to 320 Kbps)
*Protected AAC (from iTunes Store)
*MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps)
*Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4)
*Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
C: Other Video and Audio Options
If the video/movie files you want to view are in a format that is not supported by the Apple TV system, you may be able to convert them into a compatible format with Apple TV Video Converter Ultimate. For Mac users, you can use Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.
D: Applet TV Video Conversion Software:
1. Top Blu-ray Ripper: For people who want to transfer Blu-ray movies to Roku, you may need to roll off disc protection, choose target video format and adjust the best video size/bitrate/frame rate for Applet TV. Read here.
2. Top DVD Ripper: You cannot miss a DVD to Roku Converter if you want to move DVD to your Applet TV. Read here.
3. Top Multi-track BD/DVD Ripper: Not tech-savvy but wanna transfer Blu-ray/DVD for watching with multiple languages on Applet TV? Then a Multi-track preserving tool can finish your task within a few simple clicks.
4. Top Ultimate Video Converter: Need an excellent all-in-one solution to convert any media files, including rental or purchased Blu-ray, DVD, HD videos from Camcorders, all standard videos, Tivo, online YouTube videos, TV shows, movies downloads etc for playing on Applet TV? All these can be solved with an easy-to-use video and audio converter. Read here.
5. Top DRM Removal: We can’t stream iTunes purchased or rented TV shows to Applet TV because of the Apple’s Fairplay DRM protection unless we have a DRM converting tool to strip the iTunes DRM protection, and then do an iTunes m4v to Applet TV compatible formats recording without quality loss. Read here.
These Pavtube converting tools can help your get out of all compatibility issues for Applet TV and other latest mobiles & tablets, enjoy your life. here, we have a hot topics on column: Apple TV 3 Column.